TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read all these terms and conditions.
We can accept your referral for counselling and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 07538374456.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to our counselling agreement and our counselling contract by you (the Customer and we Sharon Barker trading as Mindscope Counselling of 28 All Saints Way, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S26 2FD with email address email@example.com; telephone number 07538374456.
- These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. A Counselling agreement will be emailed to you, we ask that you read and sign the agreement before any counselling sessions begin. For children and young people a seperate individual contract will be available.
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to
the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored; For GDPR purposes, all data will be kept secure for 7 years as per the BACP guidelines.
from you via the Website;
- Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any Goods, of the number and description set out in the Order;
- Website means our website www.mindscopecounselling.uk on which the Services are advertised.
- The description of the Services and any Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of
advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and
colour of any Goods supplied.
- In the case of Services and any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any
information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Services which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement.
We will notify you of these changes.
- You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services, provide us and our authorised employees and
representatives with access to any premises under your control as required, provide us with all information required to perform the Services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
- Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on written notice to you. Should you fail to arrive for your appointment without giving 24 hours notice in advance a £15 charge will be applied. This will be discussed in the counselling contract.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you
expressly agree to this.
- A Counselling Contract will be issued and must be signed by both parties, prior to any counselling sessions beginning. You must ensure that any information is accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies.
- The fees (Fees) for the Services are set out on the Website at the date we accept the signed contract, prices may increase, however, a 2 month notice period will be given in advance.
- Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of signing the contract.
- Payment is requested by Paypal, bank transfer, Standing order, cash or card payment, preferably before or on the day of the counselling session. Any missed payments need to be paid before further sessions can take place.
- Confidentiality will be discussed at the time of signing contracts.
- On termination of the Contract for any reason, your details will be stored securely for 7 years as stated by the BACP guidelines before being destroyed.
- Data subject request, at any time you may request any information stored by Mindscope counselling, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org requesting this information in writing.
- Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with
regard to your personal information.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not
limited to the GDPR.
‘GDPR’ means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Services to you.
- Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Services to you, and we Process that Personal
Data in the course of providing the Services and Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the
Data Protection Laws: before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected; we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: email@example.com.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, we are not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to your business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer – because we believe you are not buying the Services wholly or mainly for your business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints.
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Complaints Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If you have concerns about your therapy, please
try speaking to your therapist first to try to sort out the issue directly with them, if you are unable to resolve the issue please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call on 01455 883300 (option 2).
- We aim to follow these codes of conduct, copies of which you can obtain as follows:
Professional conduct procedure available from www.bacp.co.uk
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer
Cancelling contracts To Sharon Barker trading as Mindscope Counselling
28 All Saints Way
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 07538374456
I/We hereby give notice that I/We  cancel my/our  counselling contract
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
 Delete as appropriate